Whole30 Day 19: Crab + Avocado Temaki
January 19, 2015
We’ve been sushi fans since forever, so temaki—seaweed-wrapped hand rolls—with spicy crab salad make regular appearances in our kitchen. I usually have all the ingredients for these rolls in our fridge and pantry, and luckily for us, it’s still Dungeness crab season around here, so even the fresh stuff’s readily available. It’s a breeze to throw together this no-cook recipe. In fact, everyone in the family can assemble their own, which means even less meal prep for me.
And trust me: with this recipe, you won’t miss the rice. Besides, isn’t the crab and avocado the best part, anyway?
Here’s how to satisfy your sushi cravings during your Whole30 with restaurant-quality California hand rolls:
Makes 16 hand rolls
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked lump crab meat
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Juice from ½ medium lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 toasted standard-size nori sheets, cut in half width-wise
- 1 large Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 small Japanese or Persian cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- Handful of radish sprouts or micro greens
reblogging because this looks like it could be really fun with kids.